WOODEN BUILT-IN FOR RETAIL AND INDUSTRY
It is a new technology in mounted wood skeleton which has not been applied in the Czech Republic yet. This solution is based on the following technical principles:
The load bearing skeleton from KHL profiles being designed individually according to the spans and load. Spatial rigidity is ensured through the bearing construction of the building envelope to the rigidity of the skeleton built-in itself.
There are applied fire standards ČSN 730845 and ČSN 730804.
The system is being proposed to fire resistance REI 30 and 60 minutes.
The proposal is performed individually according to the end user’s requests.
The load-bearing wood skeleton construction technology brings the following advantages for the future lessees and investors in comparison with the traditional technology of mounted reinforced concrete skeleton:
- Flexible disposition without a link to basis construction.
- It is not necessary to build the foundation construction under the floor board with dispersed wire concrete reinforcement.
- The floor of the storey is made of polymer fibers reinforced concrete and subsequently leveled by grinding.
- The concrete board, usually of the thickness of 50 mm is laid on a wooden bearing construction.
- The built-in costs less than the steel or concrete built-ins.
- An eventual disassembly is quick and does not devaluate the floor board.
- Heavy lifting equipment is not necessary for the assembly.
STEEL BUILT-IN FOR RETAIL AND INDUSTRY
The construction system for built-ins is designed from the following structural elements
- Supporting steel skeleton (steel thin-walled ceiling girders and columns)
- Rapezoidal metal sheet for floor supporting structure
- Floor composition performed by dry technology (Knauf or Rigips systems)
- Completion structures in the dry building process technology: partition walls, stairways, suspended ceilings, distribution and installation of mechanical and electrical equipment
Static and structural solution of the supporting structure
- The supporting steel structure consists of columns and ceiling girders designed from thin-walled U-profiles, for larger span (or for higher loads) from C-profiles.
- The particular dimensions of individual profiles are based on structural calculation, metal sheets with the thickness of 1.5 – 4.00 mm are commonly used for the production.
- Part of the supporting system are also structural joints of the profiles, joint and anchoring elements.
- All joints in the structure are designed as screwed.
- Anchoring to the floor or to the concrete structure is made by using additionally drilled chemical or mechanical anchors.
- Space rigidity of the built-in structure is in standard cases provided by a rigid ceiling plate and anchoring to the main columns of the construction.
- For more complex tasks, the structure can be supplemented by own horizontal bracing.
The advantages of the thin-walled system
- Individual design according to client´s particular layout and operating requirements.
- The supporting structure elements are already in factory fitted with tapering and screw holes, only the assembly itself and screwing of the structure is made at the construction site.
- The system does not require welding on the assembly.
- The individual elements (columns, girders, trapezoidal metal sheets etc.) enable hand assembly because of their low weight, heavy lifting facilities are therefore not necessary.
- The entire structure of the built-in is very light which usually allows the built-in be done directly on the floor steel fibre reinforced concrete plate without having to build additional concrete foundations under the columns.
- There is no devaluation of the floor so it can be used as in the original state in case the built-in is disassembled.
- The column pitch and layout of particular structures are always designed with regard to the final loads of the floor.
- The thin walled structure has similar properties as standard steel, wooden, concrete or masonry construction.
- In comparison to wooden variants, steel thin-walled profile structure is completely fireproofed.
- The structure allows additional modifications and its eventual dismantling is very fast.
- In terms of price and speed, this system is more effective that the above mentioned competitive technical variants.